impressions...inspiration...imagination

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Elements of Style Brick Wall Birthday....




This is a card that I've been wanting to try for a while but haven't....so when looking for a birthday card to make for Lisa's birthday I knew that I had to try something that neither of us has tried yet...this is definately a card to make when you have a fair bit of time as it is time consuming to cut the strips for the bricks and then ink each one individually.  It was fun to make and I did manage to get covered in ink !!  It is quite a heavy card as I did use lots of layers, not one for Canada Post that's for sure :)
Recipe:
~ All paper products are Stampin' Up...the bricks are adhered to a light grey before layering on the black
~ the stamp set is Elements of Style
~ I cut out the hummingbird and popped it up with a popdot as well as the sentiment
~ inside I used my new set of nesties...so fun layering
Hope you like it.....
Cheers,
E

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome friend you are Erin for spending so much time creating such a great card... but of course Lisa is worth it!

    I thought of you when I saw this version of a brick wall the other day - http://simplicitybylateblossom.blogspot.com/2011/03/speedys-friends-sniff-some-bleach.html

    ReplyDelete